The Sorry Girls Inc. is a digital media brand focusing on design, lifestyle, education, sustainability, and empowerment; all achieved through a ‘do-it-yourself’ mentality.
Becky Wright and Kelsey MacDermaid started their creative journey together in 2010 when they met in film school and dubbed themselves as The Sorry Girls. Now with 2+ million subscribers on YouTube, over 15 million monthly views across multiple platforms, and 13 years under their tool belt, The Sorry Girls is a full-scale digital media brand focusing on DIY and interior design through the lens of sustainability, empowerment, and education. This reach has meant that The Sorry Girls have been able to inspire all ages and demographics to pick up a drill and do it for themselves.
The Sorry Girls seek an experienced Creative Director to collaborate with on the development and production of digital content and other creative projects. This role will need to make creative, production, and editorial decisions, exercising personal taste at every step, to help develop and produce a successful slate of content. The perfect candidate will bring a strong perspective -- we want a tastemaker whose prior work we like, whether or not it feels exactly on-brand with our current output, but has the ability to embody our brand to the fullest.
The Creative Director is responsible for overseeing the creative development and execution of videos and social content, both one-off and serial, featuring The Sorry Girls. Additionally, the individual will lead the creative and execution of special projects. The Creative Director will work closely with our in-house Producer, Social Media Manager, and production team. The role reports directly to the company founders, Becky and Kelsey.
- Responsible for comprehensive creative oversight of multiple videos and other creative projects at any given time.
This includes, but is not limited to:
> Join brainstorms with the founders and pitch new ideas for consideration
> Concept and fully develop initial ideas into beat sheets/scripts
> Spearhead research, necessary scouting, and casting
> Work closely with the Producer to ensure production plans are in line with proposed
production timelines, release schedules, and budgets
> Watch cuts, give notes, and lead the approval process on all videos, social
content, and other creative projects
- Concept, script, and oversee third-party brand integrations (brand deals) for both YouTube channel videos and short-form content. Work closely with creator(s) and social media manager to ensure on-time delivery and high-quality output
- Understand, uphold, and evolve The Sorry Girls brand, ensuring all touchpoints meet The Sorry Girls standard and overall brand voice (content, website, newsletter, special projects)
- Use graphic design skills to oversee and execute special projects (e.g. newsletter, pitch deck, new video series graphics)
- Absorb and embody creative direction from the founders to be able to make decisions and act in their stead during video creation
- Make both creative and logistical decisions when met with unexpected production dilemmas or complications
- Maintain an awareness of successful creator content and viral trends across YouTube and other relevant digital platforms
- Alongside the Producer, monitor the performance of previous videos and overall content analytics to identify growth opportunities and inform creative development
Experience & Skills:
- 5-7 years of experience developing and producing content in the digital space, including prior experience editing and expertise in story-telling
- Experience producing DIY and home renovation content a plus
- Skilled in executing graphic design (Adobe Photoshop, In-Design, and Illustrator)
- Excellent work ethic, time management skills, and a positive, can-do attitude
- Proactive, with a high level of organization
- Ability to communicate with outside parties in a clear and professional manner
- Proven project management experience
- Proficient in Google Suite and Notion
- Experience working within creative budgets
- Experience delivering consistent, high-quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about sustainability and design
Benefits: Sorry Girls offers a comprehensive group benefits package inclusive of Dental, Drugs, and Extended Healthcare. Details of the plan can be provided prior to the acceptance of an offer.
Start date: November 2023
Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC), women, persons with disabilities, and LGTBQIA2S+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person