At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name – people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive.
We believe diversity drives business success and is the foundation for our growth. We welcome different backgrounds and skills that enrich our community and we promote a place where we can ALL be ourselves. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
Konecranes is a global leader in material handling solutions, serving a broad range of customers across multiple industries. We consistently set the industry benchmark, from everyday improvements to the breakthroughs at moments that matter most, because we know we can always find a safer, more productive and sustainable way. That’s why, with around 16,600 professionals in over 50 countries, Konecranes is trusted every day to lift, handle and move what the world needs. In 2022, Group sales totaled EUR 3.4 billion.
Visit our webpages https://www.konecranes.com/about/our-strategy or follow us on Twitter / Facebook and Instagram.
In this role you will get to:
NOTES: the job is rotational 7 days on 7 days off (11.5 Hours per day), fly in-fly out possibly to Horizon, Overtime available
- Comply with all corporate Safety Policies and guidelines/procedures, including Branch Monthly meetings and those established by the customer. Advise Supervisor or Manager of any unsafe practice performed or witnessed.
- Perform inspections, maintenance and repairs on electric overhead traveling cranes and hoists at varied customer locations, as directed. Be available “on call” as part of service office rotation and provide after-hours service, as required.
- Conduct on-site electrical, mechanical, structural and electronic troubleshooting to determine cause for equipment malfunction and establish the necessary repairs utilizing visual inspection, test procedures and appropriate test equipment. Perform a general post repair audit prior to completion of work, documenting that all required safety features are functional or documenting deficiencies and attaching a deficiency tag to the crane.
- Document findings and make corrective recommendations during the SAFETY REVIEW to the customer including a written “Safety Notification” of any observed or known safety concerns, if appropriate. Determine customer’s intentions to purchase repairs and notate accordingly of actions necessary to sell or complete the repairs.
- Consult with customer regarding all repair and safety related issues and discuss during the VISIT REVIEW recommendations that will assist the customer with improving their SAFETY & PRODUCTIVITY, prior to leaving job site. Determine items requiring quotation.
- Complete and provide proper electronic documentation utilizing the established company digital tools required for each service, obtaining the customer’s signature and acceptance.
- Read, understand and apply the contents of all CSA, OSHA, ANSI, CMAA, HMI and other codes or regulations pertaining to our industry. Refresh and update knowledge periodically.
- Complete Work Packages and other required documents in a professional, accurate, neat and legible manner and submit same in a timely manner and in accordance with established guidelines.
- Maintain regular communication with the service office and assigned Coordinator, in accordance with established practices.
- Maintain all company issued equipment, vehicle and assets in a safe and proper working order. Operate tools, equipment and vehicles in a safe and responsible manner. Notify supervisor of any deficiencies for resolution.
- Maintain supply of forms, literature, inventory and miscellaneous materials in the service vehicle. Document use or sale to customer, as required.
- Follow all established safety rules and procedures, including those established by the customer.
- Participate in monthly safety meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Your Skills and Qualifications:
EDUCATION: A recognized trade qualification as a Journeyman Electrician, Journeyman Millwright or equivalent qualification/experience in terms of skills and knowledge or an Associate’s degree in Industrial Electrical/Mechanical Technology with related field or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE: Min 1 year or depending on the Provincial Legislative requirements and CSA standards.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have and maintain a good driving record, including a valid driver’s license. Must be willing, fit and able to work at heights/climb ladders/walkways. Must possess good computer, written and verbal communication skills. Must possess excellent customer interaction skills. Must be able to work overtime or as required by customer operations. Must be able to travel and work out of town as required.
What we’re offering in-return:
- RRSP Match
- Standard Benefits (Dental, Vision, and Medical)
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Holidays/Vacation
- Personal Emergency Leaves
- Company Truck / Company Phone
- Meals Allowances/Uniforms
- Learning Development Programs
- Flexible Hours
- Short & Long term Disability Plans
"How to Reach Us"
If you don't meet the desired criteria 100% and your resume looks like an experiment? Don't worry! Life experience is also important, so show us what you can do.
Please send us your meaningful application documents online.
Email: [email protected]
Grow your career with Konecranes and discover exciting opportunities while doing the work you love!
Konecranes, Inc. and its affiliates will not accept resumes from external recruiters or agencies without a Service Agreement and Agency Portal submission. Any resumes sent without a Service Agreement and Agency Portal submission with Konecranes, Inc. are void of any fees and free for internal use. Applicable Konecranes data protection obligations are the responsibility of the agency.
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,900 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category.